Narrowband

Skywatcher autofocuser rj11????

What people mean by RJ11 can sometimes be a bit vague, but if you're talking about a six-way plug and socket then no, it isn't.  The Skywatcher motor focuser uses a similar plug and socket but with only four connectors.  I think it's the same as the connector for a telephone handset.  Sometimes called a "4P4C" connector as far as I recall.

James

Cheers everyone I understand that the end connectors are comparable but really would like to buy a ready to go cable. But if I end up building a cable which type of cable do I need to buy ? I assume that inside the small wires are colour coded[emoji15]

rj 10 connectors fit i just built an extension cable for mine

This is why I was a bit cagey about RJ11 :)  Officially there's no such thing as RJ10.  It is common to call the 4-pin connectors in question as RJ10, but it's not always clear whether it means ones that have four conductors connected or only two, so care is needed to make sure you're getting what you think you are if you're buying one.

It's not exactly the clearest standard in the world.  My recollection is that RJ11 for instance actually means a six-pin connector with only two conductors used.  There are different numbers in the standard for the same six-pin connector with four conductors or six conductors.

James

i took the connector into maplins and they had the right 4 core wire don't cross them over if you go down the diy route i have got some connectors spare if you want them ??

Archived