Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Izar in 3 scopes

This star is one of the nicest color doubles out there IMHO, it can be kind of tough depending on the conditions though. All 3 scopes, the 10",120mm & 90mm split this tonight and the little 90mm SV did a great job - the colors were amazing. For me splitting stars is the world of refractors eventhough the VX10 does a VG job. In all 3 scopes the LZ/VIP did the best job and in the refractors the Baader prism offers the lowest scatter.

I think I need a goto mount to get all those doubles on Nicks list, its pretty slow wading through the stars... :grin:

Nice one Gerry. Izar is a favourite of mine, I keep coming back to it.

Looked at it in the VX10L the other night and it split ok but the view to me is nowhere near as nice as through a refractor.

It's relatively easy still in the Tak 60mm, although the secondary sits right on the first diffraction ring. It shows up nicely with its nice colour contrast though.

Go to certainly helps get through them, must set mine up!!

my 6" f11 dob excels on doubles now I have the standard four vane spider back in. I never got on with the curved vanes as they seems to produce weird diffraction effects on doubles. although lovely, in the 120ED, the 6" f11 shades it when cooled properly. Izar is one of my faves to.

my 6" f11 dob excels on doubles now I have the standard four vane spider back in. I never got on with the curved vanes as they seems to produce weird diffraction effects on doubles. although lovely, in the 120ED, the 6" f11 shades it when cooled properly. Izar is one of my faves to.

The SkyWatcher Explorer 150PL f8 also does a great job on doubles.

post-30866-0-04969000-1430218179.jpg

Avtar

• 2 weeks later...

There are some nice doubles to be found in Bootes. I have my trusty EVO150 for splitting doubles which on nights of good seeing does an outstanding job. Although not quite up to the task of splitting Zeta Bootis I was able to distinguish the secondary star.

Archived