Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bizarre behaviour - mount and firecapture!

Helen

This is weird!

I'm imagining Jupiter using an ASI120c and firecapture, on a Mak on a Mesu.   In preview mode no problem.  When I record, Jupiter just starts jumping about - not the normal seeing wobbles but big bounces out towards edge of field and then back to exactly the same spot in the middle!

Any ideas???

thanks

Helen

Is it actually moving or are you seeing split frames? Like half of the image didn't get loaded and you just got the other half displayed?

If preview mode is fine then it would probably be a write speed problem. If your computer can't save the frames fast enough the buffer will fill up, once that happens you will start to get problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks - it really looked like it was bouncing in all directions.  I've been using a portable drive - so have just switched out from that to the hard drive on the pc, and the first quick check sees no bouncing.  So it does sound like a write speed problem :smile:

Thanks for the pointer :smile:

Helen

If it was a USB-connected drive and on the same internal USB hub as the camera that's almost certainly going to cause problems.  The 120MC is quite capable of saturating the USB bus by itself before you start trying to stick the same data back on the bus to go to the disk.

If the PC has more than one USB hub internally you might find it works better if you make sure the camera is on one and the disk on the other.  I'm not entirely sure how you can tell on Windows though.

James

Glad that you fixed it :)

I have enough problems stopping my 120mm overflowing the USB bus, it helps a lot if you reduce the frame size to just image the bit you need. It also helps to limit the USBspeed, not sure if fire capture has that option though.

At least it's never a problem for guiding, one frame every two seconds is easy for it :D

I don't think PHD would like it if it bounced around like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived