SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn 4-25-2015

phileefan

Good morning all,

Here is my latest offering of Saturn. Transparency was average and seeing was 2/5. If those two items weren't bad enough, at the time of capture Saturn was at its max elevation of 30 degrees. 3 minute videos processed with AS!2, Registax, PS and derotation with WinJUPOS. Comments welcome. Thank you....... cool.png

post-43082-0-70444700-1430058333.jpg

Hello!
I know what is to photograph with low planet, suffered a lot with Jupiter this season, and that he was about 15 higher than its catch Saturn.
I think you used a 11 "Celestron, and did not use Barlow could have used for so the picture would be most eoof / d of the most suitable system for better resolution. Your CPC 1100 should be f / 10 and must present a better result if high f / 22 with a barlow or Powermate 2X.
It is generally believed that in poor condition of seeing should not employ an exaggerated increase, but this fact in planetary photography is a mistake.
The system always performs better if you use the most appropriate focal length for the type of photo you are doing this.

Hello!

I know what is to photograph with low planet, suffered a lot with Jupiter this season, and that he was about 15 higher than its catch Saturn.

I think you used a 11 "Celestron, and did not use Barlow could have used for so the picture would be most eoof / d of the most suitable system for better resolution. Your CPC 1100 should be f / 10 and must present a better result if high f / 22 with a barlow or Powermate 2X.

It is generally believed that in poor condition of seeing should not employ an exaggerated increase, but this fact in planetary photography is a mistake.

The system always performs better if you use the most appropriate focal length for the type of photo you are doing this.

Thanks for your response. I was using a Powermate 2.5x for this capture. I'm new to plantary astrophotography, but what I've read about the ZWO ASI120MM camera I shoot with, the prime focal ratio is F/20. I'm @ F/25 with Powermate. Clear skies.......

Well, I did not know what the setup used since you did not say.
In this case you are correct, the focal ratio used is very suitable, only a little strange to the small size of the planet but not Seii if you applied some rezide.
In fact I believe that with your setup you can get a better photo credit and the bad result only the low altitude of the star and bad seeing.
Discouraged Not sure what the best records will come!

Archived