Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon from Skye

Stub Mandrel

I've been sorting through loads of images I took when I got my bridge camera, many from Skye. I can see lots of mistakes but found one sequence of moon shots, all from a tripod and all pretty sharp, and the sky must have been really clear and dark.

I ran them through PIPP, stacked the best in Astrostakkert and the result looked a bit short on detail. Registax brought out VASTLY more detail than I expected, so I'm taking a punt and popping this one here rather than in beginners ;-)

Moon Skye 9 February 2014

More experienced lunar-imagers will be able to give a better critique, but for me that is a nice photo.  Nice balance between the bright areas (which I find so easily burn out) and the darker areas.  If you are producing images like this when "starting out", I look forward to seeing what you produce as you progress.

Archived