SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My tip for the day

Starlight 1

Maybe its just me being thick --- As we all know when you remove the little 2" cap from the front cap you have a place next to it to fit on.

I just worked out if you take the front cap off it fits in the bottom  end of a reflector to keep the light out of the mirror . :eek: 

well it do fit on a sw 250p-ds.

Bobski I'm probably wrong here, but years ago I was under the impression that the smaller cap could be removed for solar / eclipse observations.  Not too sure how that would work though in applying filters etc.

michael

Bobski I'm probably wrong here, but years ago I was under the impression that the smaller cap could be removed for solar / eclipse observations.  Not too sure how that would work though in applying filters etc.

Michael

No you are correct, the little hole is for lunar or solar. I used to have a solar filter sheet over the hole for solar observing. I assume filters go where the EP goes, so would not be an issue.

Matt.

Archived