SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

About to buy

I have been mulling over which type of scope to buy for absolutely ages. Having had recent discussions on threads here, i am about to push the "BUY" button on a

Celestron Advanced VX 8 N

PLEASE - SOMEBODY STOP ME!!

or explain why, for a first (and probably last) scope I should not get this one.

Edited to add:

Also advise me what if any accessories are a MUST HAVE on first purchase, i.e. colimating eye piece, Coma corrector etc

All the best

Bob

Having used EQMod  with my Newt i would be reluctant to move to a mount that didn't support EQMod, i not to sure the one you are looking at does, this would be a long term view along the lines, i will never image so it doesn't matter, 2 year down the road, i wish i could use EQMod....you will only really need a Coma Corrector if you are Imagine, viewing just through a EP its not really needed.....

I can certainly promise to post pics when it arrives and I'll do my best to give a reasonable account of how I get on with it.

Bearing in mind that

A) I have never been to a star party or other astronomy gathering.

B) I have never owned a telescope before.

Therefore

C) I have never even been within 100yds of a "proper" telescope let alone seen one in action or used one  :(

I'm sure I am going to have a very turbulent time, experiencing all kind of emotions while struggling to work out how the mount works and all the other technical issues with such a large and complicated beast.

OH HECK

CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK PLEASE! :eek:

I can certainly promise to post pics when it arrives and I'll do my best to give a reasonable account of how I get on with it.

Bearing in mind that

A) I have never been to a star party or other astronomy gathering.

B) I have never owned a telescope before.

Therefore

C) I have never even been within 100yds of a "proper" telescope let alone seen one in action or used one  :(

I'm sure I am going to have a very turbulent time, experiencing all kind of emotions while struggling to work out how the mount works and all the other technical issues with such a large and complicated beast.

OH HECK

CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK PLEASE! :eek:

No, don't be a chicken  :p

No, don't be a chicken  :p

lol,

I CAN'T HELP IT!!!

The reality of spending so much money on kit I neither understand or know how to use has sunk in....... All the gear and NO IDEA springs to mind :grin:

Archived