Narrowband

Startravel 120mm & quark????

Solar_observer

Ok just too make this clear,this post is just to get some info. Im NOT buying one yet. Is this scope ok?

What EXACTLY would i need to buy to be ready to go?

I want to stick to 1:25 inch kit if possible?

If and ONLY IF i DO get one, it will be next year and i will be visual only observer. Thanks

Ps i DONT want to hear from you lot saying stuff like "i told you so". :)

Ive spent all my cash on the lunt and frac and wedge,so it will be next year IF I DO DECIDE TO BUY ONE. and i stress IM NOT BUYING ANOTHER FRAC, if it wont work with this st120mm im NOT bothering. :)

Would any of you ls60 owners with a quark chromosphere model, sell your lunt and just keep the quark cos its that good?

I know its not full disk (the quark ) but does the quark detail compensate for this and thus leave your lunt to one side gathering dust?

I have a DS 60 and a chromosphere Quark and would probably give up the Quark before the 60. I am more of a full disk kind of person, although I can get a full disk with the Quark and my Stellarview SV60.   The proms are better on the DS60 of course and I can also use the second etalon on my ST80 and Vixen 80 achro. Plus I can also stack the Quark on the DS60 for a killer view. The DS60 seems to have better contrast to my eyes also with comparable mag, just not quite the detail. I love them both.

Archived