SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Greetings from Folsom, CA

ScribbleJ

Hello everyone. My name is Calvin and I live in Folsom, CA. Eldorado National Forest is practically my backyard. It takes about an hour and a half to drive to my observation & AP session location but it is such a beautiful area that I don't mind the drive. It usually turns out to be an overnight camping trip too. (Gotta love the tent that fit the bed of my truck.)

Currently my equipment consist of an old Meade 4500 reflector with an Orion SkyView Pro EQ mount and a SynScan handheld guide system. My plan is to get setup with a new telescope (possibly an Orion ED80T CF Triplet Apochromatic Refractor) with an auto guider telescope. I have yet to make a firm choice though. I don't want to buy something I am not going to be happy with considering the cost but I'm fairly certain that will be what I go with next. In addition to that I use a Nikon D3300 with a T-Ring mount (or the tube ring piggyback option). I'm slowly acquiring the rest of the gear I need (i.e. laptop, filters and filter wheel, etc.)

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone here and hopefully learning a thing or two.

Cheers

Calvin

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welcome Calvin,you will get a lot of help and advice  with SGL,you will not go wrong with the ed80t cf as i have one myself,a nice wee scope.

seanpius.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I look forward to getting to know you all. I've only been doing AP for about two months but have been into astronomy for about five years and more seriously about two years.

I started out with Stellerium just sitting on my balcony with an East to Southwesterly view. I sat many nights just identifying objects.

I am really enjoying myself more each day with this hobby. So much more to learn so I read a lot. For now I'm waiting for clearer skies so I can go camping and get more time and practice in with my new EQ mount that listed in my OP.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived