Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

St. George and the Prom

Luke

Cor what a big prom today on St. George's Day!  It's also my wedding anniversary today. My brilliant wife Sarah (10 happy years!) let me go image the big prom when I got in from work. Well, it was a big 'un! :grin:

My first go at processing the prom, not sure if I can get finer detail later by stacking frames from a shorter time span instead of the 70 seconds worth here.

17247789751_1846ee569d_o.jpg

---

23rd April, 2015

Equinox 120, Quark Chromosphere, Grasshopper 3 camera (ICX687), 0.5x reducer, very understanding wife

Thanks everyone for the kind words on the image and on my ten happy years :laugh:

Sarah is still solar mad so she understands my addiction even if I do push my luck at times. I am hoping she will come back to the dark side of imaging later this year :laugh: Another hobby competes for her attention :eek::grin: Must say her hobby is independent of the weather, that is a nice feature!

Good luck everyone for some rays this weekend. Forecast is poor here but I have set up early just in case as the spectacular prom still seems to be hanging on, looking at Gong :shocked:

• 1 month later...

Archived