SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter and Io 20 April 21:42UT

cgarry

I am catching up with a processing backlog.  A result of a few clear nights without the jetstream above the UK, so a nice problem to have.

Anyway, this is my capture of Jupiter with GRS and Io passing in front for good measure:

post-9259-0-56624700-1429810687.png

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for the nice comments everybody.  Having been away from the image for a while I have decided that I am not completely happy with it.  I think the original data has much more detail in it than I have managed to bring out.

I plan to rework all this good data when I have lots of time to spare and really work on my processing techniques.  A journey similar to the one Neil is currently undertaking maybe!

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for the nice comments everybody.  Having been away from the image for a while I have decided that I am not completely happy with it.  I think the original data has much more detail in it than I have managed to bring out.

I plan to rework all this good data when I have lots of time to spare and really work on my processing techniques.  A journey similar to the one Neil is currently undertaking maybe!

Cheers,

Chris

True Chris, the only problem with being a tinkerer, is you never settle on a solid tried and trusted regime.  Both benefits and drawbacks I think.

Thanks again for the comments!

True Chris, the only problem with being a tinkerer, is you never settle on a solid tried and trusted regime.  Both benefits and drawbacks I think.

The way see it is I am slowly working through the whole imaging process attempting to perfect each stage as I go!  Getting a C14 to perform to its potential was quite a battle in itself but I think that battle has been won now.

So now I am able to capture, stack and de-rotate data with confidence it is time to look in detail at the final processing procedure, including settling on a colour balance I am happy with.  Currently I have various laptops and each one makes the colour balance of my images look completely different.  Not to mention previewing an image in Windows Photo Viewer looks much more vibrant and colour saturated than viewing the same image in a browser.

I really do not plan to tinker with my processing regime forever, just work on it until I am happy enough with the results.  Okay, that could involve tinkering forever... Fortunately I think I have enough good Jupiter data saved away to work on during those upcoming, bright, planetless months.

Cheers,

Chris

Archived