Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Scope Control

JemC

Good day to all, isn't this sunshine great :smiley:

Well, I recently purchased Astroeq (christmas time to be exact)

Have just got round to installing this, took a while as i was having a problem getting it installed but eventually managed it (i think),

Tried connecting scope via Stellarium but no way can i get that to work,  so had heard of CdC have now downloaded and installed this on my little laptop ( hope it's not to much for it) anyway fired up all the kit to try it out and connected to CdC straight away no problem :icon_bounce: yippee, might be a bit of a learning curve with CdC as only ever used Stellarium before,

hopefully it will stay clear tonight and i can give this a whirl, still trying to get my head round whether everything is setup correct and everything moves the right way :confused:

so would i be right in thinking/doing the following?

Unpark scope

select target then slew to it

if scope moves opposite direction do i reverse RA and DEC?

if moves in correct direction but does not end up with target centered do i ..

(a) nudge it along with N,S,E,W buttons until centered

(B) unlock clutches and manually adjust

my brain is telling me to go with (a)

once it has arrived at the target does it then keep tracking it or do i have to press the track button?

sorry for so many questions

Regards

Well that didn't go well :confused:

got it all set up, even managed to get it to work with Stellarium after downloading Stellariumscope (thanks Tinker1947)

Here's what happened..i thought i don't really know what i'm doing proper so just pick a easy target that i can see quite well, so i picked Shedir(Hip3179) selected it and hit slew now this is where things didn't go according to plan started slewing but instead of going to target scope ended up pointing East? park scope try again same thing,

so i then tried reverse Ra same thing reverse Ra and Dec same thing..East every time?

Tried 2 different stars but in similar direction these being

Capella (Hip24608)

Mirphak (Hip15863)

Same thing East every time? tried with both Stellarium and CdC?

I know this is probably going to be something same as me...Simple, but i have no idea so if any one could point me in right direction or tell me what i am doing wrong i would be most grateful :smiley:

Regards

it will be human error, you have the location in wrong, date and time maybe, somebody will know the right way to enter the stuff, i think mine is east first then north, it normal to get them the wrong way round......

i noticed with stellarium, cdc and c2a if the reticle is to the left of the target on the screen the scope moves 360 degrees instead of just a few degrees needed.

have you tried moving your scope reticle to the right of the target and then slew?

i noticed with stellarium, cdc and c2a if the reticle is to the left of the target on the screen the scope moves 360 degrees instead of just a few degrees needed.

have you tried moving your scope reticle to the right of the target and then slew?

Hi jpgr,

This particular issue has now been solved thanks,

Turns out it was human error on my part, neglected to check a box that needed checking..Doh!

Regards

Archived