Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

m101 by SGP

Trying out SGP last night set it all up and Sgp done the rest ,I set it to take 40 at 800@30s DSS used 20 of them no guiding camera 1100d sw120st

I can see lines runing from right to left so I think its on no guiding and bad set up by me. I think SGP have done a good job set the focus up so hope to get more time in with SGP for when winter get here again. I do not think DSS have made a bad job as it only 1 darks & 1 flat file with 20 lights. take at home 9.30 to 10 pm so still not dark .

Those dotted lines look like hot pixels. You need to take more darks to eliminate those. 

This is a faint object and you'll need longer exposures to get the best out of it, but you've done a good job regardless!

Have you tried GIMP for processing? It's free. I've not used it but plenty of others have, and it works well for the basics.

I prefer the first image. it's much less processed.

Alexxx

I set DSS to add more hot & cold pixels and it remove the lines . I did look at gump but did not like all the rest that was going to put on my computer. I do like SGP as a program works best with the internet and put the mount bang on ever time. so looking for a paint program to do the rest .

Look like its going to be a good night , I run the program again to see if SGP  can get it bang on again , That give me more data not a lot I can do with the CA .PS i put gimp on computer I have a look after to night run and see what it can do. if every thing go well I use the SW250P-DS and start again.

Archived