SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Need Help with Processing

Willie

Hi Folks,

Could do with some help here! After a long time of absence, I managed to go out last night to take some Lights Etc..

just experimenting. i have forgotten how to process these lights. I stacked them in Deep SS,and the results came out as followed. i put them in Dropbox..

please feel free to try to make something out of this,, cause i cant..

Be glad of any critik or suggestions..

Link https://www.dropbox.com/s/wguo2shrz0xgvb5/Autosave011.tif?dl=0

Sorry about that..

Equipment.. Eq6 Mount, with eqmod.. Williams Flt 110, Also Guided.. Camera Canon 350D unmoded.

Seeing , too much night light , Airport in the near,

Lights 30.. 10 Frames 120 Iso 800

10 Frames 180 Iso 400

10 Frames 240 Iso 1600

Also darks ..

No Flats , Bias

Hope this helps..

Cs John

As I understand it you have got a total integration time of 90 minutes (correct me if wrong). I don't know the target but the 1600 ISO will provide a lot of noise if the LP is bad. I hardy ever go over 800 ISO. For the amount of total exposure I am surprised that you did not get more and I can only assume that the background LP is quite bad - it sounds like it is.

You don't mention using a light pollution filter and you definitely should. I would consider using Backyard EOS for your captures because you get control over the exposure much better and can see the result on your laptop straight away so you can adjust the exposure.  Hope that helps a bit. Good luck.

Peter

Hallo Peter,

Thanks for your reply, To admit , i was too lasy to check my settings on BYE, just wanted to set up things, then off to Bed..

Btw, I was trying to Take a Photo of the Cone nebula. Now as you said, i noticed that the exposure was too high ( 1600), need to change that, and also i dont have any L.P.F.

Now things are starting to come back, i checked my camera settings, and i noticed that the Noise reduction was turned off, if that will help i will have to check that one out..

Do you thing that Dithering would help to solve this noise Problem? Any ideas ?

Cs John

Keep noise reduction off otherwise you will be losing data. Definitely get a LPF of some sort - I use a CLS clip filter in my modded Canon and a LPF in my unmodded Canon. I think that a LPF is essential anywhere outside a dark sky site. Dithering may help - I always use it when guiding - but I don't think that's the main issue here.

Try again with lower ISO and a LPF and see how it goes. Keep an eye on the captures using BYE and adjust exposure time accordingly. Good luck.

Peter

Archived