Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik 420L good first CCD?

Spoon

Hi all, just wondering if you could help on this one, I'm now wanting to take the step to CCD imaging after 2 years of DSLR, with which I think I've hit the limit. So I was looking at the ATIK 420L from FLO, decent price to me, and it's an ATIK so probably won't fail to impress. I will be using the kit in my sig for imaging. Does anyone have experience with this camera, or any other alternatives? I was also looking at the old 16HR's (think they're the mono).

Cheers

Cam

That's a very small chip for a focal length of 800mm. I've used the 320L and it's nice, but better suited to shorter focal lengths. Such would be my view. I'd go for a bigger chip and bigger pixels.

Olly

320L? Can't seem to find it on google, only 320E?

Cam

You can get a second hand 314L for around 700 pounds, the 314L chip is bigger and the pixels more chunky than the 420L. The 314L will be better suited to your focal length and won't break the bank :)

You can get a second hand 314L for around 700 pounds, the 314L chip is bigger and the pixels more chunky than the 420L. The 314L will be better suited to your focal length and won't break the bank :)

Agreed. Or even an older 16HR which might go for £500 or less. Download os slower but does t matter much?

Olly

Archived