Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Taking my first crack at imaging tonight.

Darthdad8409

I want to try and a take my first crack at imaging tonight, but the only thing that is going to up when I try tonight is Jupiter. I am just wondering if I should try for Jupiter or would waiting until the moon is visible a better idea for a beginner?

Hello:

I am  on this learning curve also.  Why not just go for it? Do you have a diagonal?  Jupiter is very high now and I missplaced my diagonal a couple of sessions ago...just about had to lay on the ground to view/image....lol.

Good luck and clear skies

Roger

Agree with the above just go out and give it a go. I've wasted loads of opportunities waiting for idea objects or conditions only to have a problem with the setup and waste an"ideal" night. From experience the first few cracks at imaging don't go smoothly and you learn things for next time, so go out give it a go and if something doesn't work you won't be as disappointed as you would if you had waited for a the perfect night [emoji3]

Archived