Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

star party in Grassington/Ingleton **

I am planning a small star party in the rough vicinity of north yorks Grassington area, i need to find a campsite and this will hopefully take place in August.................................so who`s interested in this

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice area, we'll be in France during August so not us but here's a campsite nearby with a lack of lighting

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=5328

If nowt else it's a decent website to find campsites

Nice one, thanks for the link, i have found a superb looking site near pen-y-ghent and hope to email the owner to see if they want a star party on the site and looking at stellarium saturday 22 August looks good, half moon setting as it gets dark

I'd be interested Jules, nice part of Yorkshire out there.. could try the information centre in the main car park, they should have a list of camp sites nearby and even an idea of who maybe interested..

I really hope to make sure this happens as planned, even if only a few people can turn up it should be a good do, once a camp site is sorted, it will be a case of each person booking there own pitch, also there wont be talks and stuff like at larger star parties, just a case of stargazing at night and socialize by day 

I'll have my motorhome by then so will be up for it assuming it does not clash with main family holiday.

Nice one Shane, if you get a motorhome please dont get a Mototrek brand

Nice one Shane, looks okay

I have opened talks with a nice but basic campsite, good views and a little further north but not far, if i confirm with this site i will post a link to there website

I have now had a chat with the owner of the campsite i have in mind, it would be nice to have exclusive booking on the site, this would cost aprox £200 per night, sounds horrendous but if we get 35 people this would work out to under £12 per head, so very fair.

there is no EHU hook up and site facilities are basic but decent, the camp site is on the edge of the main A65, but shielded by trees, i hope to have a camping session in a couple of weeks on this site to sound it out

I think saturday 22 and sunday 23 would be ideal and of course any one attending could stay more nights if they wished, just paying the extra nights as required

http://www.freewebs.com/moorgarth/

next time you talk to site owner can you check if they allow commercial vehicles on site, as in a transit van,  a lot do not, an my van is my only transport

Cheers

I dont see this as a problem, vehicles are parked away from the tents, would you be using a tent or wanting to kip in the van?

Archived