Narrowband

saturn viewing

wow stayed up and i think i have just spotted saturn and wow what a site she is very low just over the bungalows in my back garden looking south soult east saw the rings what a sight never forget it asked the wife to come and see it she said its to cold so now coffee and look again shortly just to make sure 

I just took a look at it with a crappy 10x50 and could definitely see that it's something else than a star.

It's barely above the treetops here at 9 degrees altitude...unfortunately i can't reach it that low with my telescope because the observatory wall is in the way.

Got a surprisingly good view of it at 1am this morning, at around x140. Jupiter was showing plenty of atmospheric effects so expected the worst. Long time until we get Saturn at it's best though :(

ive got a hill right at the back of my house not a chance of me seeing it for a while,your all lucky, but i do live in a darkish site so its swings and roundabouts.clear skys for all.

have you tried walking up the hill or is it a small mountain

For me it,s a bit of a toss up between Saturn and Jupiter but out of the two Saturn did wow the Missus more and for me Saturn does give those magical views,it,s just a shame that it,s awkward to view at the moment and for the sometime in the future but you can always rely on good old Jupiter to still impress.

How long is long time? :(

Checked for you (and for my curiosity :p) in Stellarium, currently Saturn barely reaches 20 deg at your place,and will be far worse at +/-15 degrees when Saturn's at Sagittarius but when in Aquarius it'll be at an 'okay' 25 degrees, but it'll also be +/-2023 by then.

So sorry. :sad:

Archived