Narrowband

fuzzy

James s

First try at video with samsung scb2000 using c mount and m42 lens problem i had was a fuzzy picture on my laptop iam using ezcap I thought as it was damp it might due to wet on conectors i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they resolved it i did try swapping cable but it was still the same

Not massively experienced but my Sammy set up works with (real) EZCAP.

1. What are you using to capture the image - I use Sharpcap - don't use the s/w with the EZCAP I find its u/s

2. Are you using a PAL or NTSC sammy and is the S/W using the same video protocol. SharpCap / EZCAP driver gives me a number of options for both PAL and NTSC so might be worth playing with these

3. Have you tried using it during the day on a distance object - okj settings will have to be changed e.g. shutter speed but whats the picture like.

4. The sammy analogue resolution is 700 x 500(approx can't remember exactly) so if you distort this in the capture s/w things can look a bit odd

5. Have you got the f set so the most light is let thru - not needed for bright object like Jupiter

6. What cable are you using to connect to the EZCAP - use the best quality

These are the problems I had with the Sammy and a 100-200 Cannon Lens hope it helps but there are plenty on this forum who are experts. Check your settings against what they recommend - link here somewhere.

Good luck 

Thanks for your reply i am using The proper ezcap not a rip off and good cables when i tried it in the day time it worked perfect i am using sharp cap and it is pal and resolution is at 720x576 thats what made me think it could be a damp issue

Archived