SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello World!

Toxophilus

Hi,

I thought I had better introduce myself. I'm based in the West Midlands, Wolverhampton to be precise. The sky here is really badly light polluted, but I have still managed to see quite a few things so far. I'm just getting into astrophotography and managed to get OK images of some fairly faint objects. But I still have a lot to learn, so I've come here to pick everyone's brains and see if I can resolve all of my imaging issues. The main one (and I suspect the most common one being that of accurate tracking).

When 'm not staring at stars, I like to do Archery, and road cycling/racing, in particular Time Trialing and Sportives, etc. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to SGL  :grin:  just finished packing it just looking for a bigger box to put it in to post

There are plenty of people here to help with imaging plus you can always ask me don't know too much but enough to get by lol

All the best

Allan 

Cheers Allan!

Knowing my luck we will have 2 weeks of cloud when it arrives. I can't wait to give it a whirl though. I just hope my tired old netbook is upto the job. Putting more imaging software on it is going to make it creak a bit. I have been eyeing up the wife's old desktop computer that she has not used in a while though which should give me better performance, just not as convenient 'in the field'. I could get a new laptop, but I seem to have spent all my money on something....  :wink:

Hi Tox. and welcome to the lounge, You've found the right place for advice, the lounge has plenty of very friendly and helpful members just waiting to help. I'm a little into Archery too, Longbow. 

Hi, ToxoLight glad to know there is at least one other archer on the site. I have shot just about everything. I used to do a lot of barebow as a junior, but these days my main weapon of choice is the recurve (target) although I do shoot compound (target and field). I have shot longbow a little, but I just can't cover that many disciplines and get good enough to enjoy them all. 

Hi, ToxoLight glad to know there is at least one other archer on the site. I have shot just about everything. I used to do a lot of barebow as a junior, but these days my main weapon of choice is the recurve (target) although I do shoot compound (target and field). I have shot longbow a little, but I just can't cover that many disciplines and get good enough to enjoy them all. 

Hi Tox. I'm a target guy, started out with recurve a few years ago (25) and then settled into LB, your right you have to concentrate on one discipline if you want to master it to any degree. Enjoy your AP and post those pics.

Still looking for that extra book for packing lol just pm or email concerning any imaging software problems the atik comes with capture software but I tend to use Nebulosity 3 ! I'd start with Atik's software when your confident with that maybe look at other imaging capture SW Astromomy shed has tutorials and I've always found YouTube good for tutorials on capture and processing

Allan

Still looking for that extra book for packing lol just pm or email concerning any imaging software problems the atik comes with capture software but I tend to use Nebulosity 3 ! I'd start with Atik's software when your confident with that maybe look at other imaging capture SW Astromomy shed has tutorials and I've always found YouTube good for tutorials on capture and processing

Allan

Cheers, for that I will have a look at Nebulosity 3, it seems reasonably priced at $80.

Hi Toxophilus and welcome to SGL from a long retired toxophilite. You might like to avail yourself of a copy of Steve Richards book..."Making Every Photon Count" probably the most widely used book by our forum and many other imagers to date, see FLO top of page for details. Enjoy your imaging :)

Archived