Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PHD2 I love you! All working like a dream now.

Fordos Moon

post-26268-0-75626700-1429101100_thumb.j

At last I have found the right setup to use my ASI120MM and ST80 to guide using PHD2, special thanks to Samara!

I usually post problems I have on here so I just thought credit where it's due (PHD2) and wanted to share the love on this sunny day.

Well done, i run PHD2 and it crashed, Win 7 64bit, never mind PHD1 runs ok......

got a big BSOD on windows7 32bit on my first try with PHD2... made me so sick that I turned off everything and went straight to bed ;)

attachicon.gifPHD Dream.JPG

At last I have found the right setup to use my ASI120MM and ST80 to guide using PHD2, special thanks to Samara!

I usually post problems I have on here so I just thought credit where it's due (PHD2) and wanted to share the love on this sunny day.

Glad it is working out for you :) nice graph there !

PHD is a great friend. It is always good to have it installed when my other guiding solutions don't not play nicely. However it has now been relegated to the substitution division as I prefer to now use direct guide through the SkyX. I find PHD can be a bit sensitive in its camera view and not as many guide show even with careful calibration. The guiding however has always been very good and the calibration routine is amazing so no substantial criticisms of PHD. 

attachicon.gifPHD Dream.JPG

Same mount and pier as me but your trace is way better than I can get.  Great stuff. My screen looks slightly different to yours in that the RMS errors are given in arc seconds too based on the profile of the guide scope.  I am running on OS X though.

I feel the love too!

I've only recently resolved a bunch of guiding issues and now have PHD performing nicely.

That's a better graph than I get though...damn it! I do have to admit to having become slightly obsessed with the damn PHD graph the but the images I'm getting look so much better than before so I'm really happy....so I think I'll just stick with the settings I have....possibly  :grin:

I've just managed some 15 minute subs with completely round stars...not an egg in sight. It's not a totaly perfect graph.....but the proof of the pudding and all that!

I'm quite looking forward to actually doing some imaging for a change and stop mucking around with the kit.

• 2 weeks later...

In that PHD graph it is difficult to see if PHD is working or not, as you can't see the corrections. It may well be that the PA is spot on and the mount is guiding well unguided and PHD has nothing to do, so the autoguiding may or may not be working, its the mount that is working like a dream. A flat PHD graph is no real indicator of guiding performance per se, it just is an indicator of good tracking. Excellent results though, mine are positively Alpine compared to those, with big corrections all the time. This is PHD working very hard to deal with my slapdash setup routine :)

Archived