SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Universe

Hi everyone.
I really don't know what kind of reaction I will get from this but here I go ;)

Black hole fascinated me for many years now, well ... I guess we are all fascinated by them haha. For many many years, I had something in mind. It keep me awake at night often as I think about it. After few years it just get more clear and obvious to me.

I really, highly believe that the universe is a black hole. This would explain the big bang (black hole creation), it would explain where all this material come from, it would explain this wall of dust we see at 13.7 or 14.5 billions light years (edge of the black hole), it would explain that jet black color of the universe. It would explain why the universe is a bubble shape ... Well, it explain everything in my mind. The universe is a black hole, among other black hole (universe).

Please, tell me how you see this. I am for sure not the first one to bring this, but few years ago, before I started studying or watching astronomy stuff, I came up with that idea. As I began studying a lot astronomy, it just ... get more clear to me.

Cédrik

I agree with Cath, but I fantasise that this whole shebang is part of the molecular structure of a giant's table leg, which is turn part of the molecular structure of a brick, which is in turn....and so on. What infinities we encompass within us!

Where did I read a long. long time ago something about lighting a match and whole universes flaring into life, existing for relative trillions of years then being plunged into extinction?

The universe is not black, go read up on the CMB, it is radiation that appears to be everywere and from all directions. The fact that your eyes cannot detect it means nothing. But the CMB is EM radiation exactly the same as the very little bit that human eyes can detect.

What wall of dust?

Never heard or seen this.

Never been reported from the Hubble or any other deep sky survey.

Are we in a black hole, that depends on how you define a black hole.

Universe is not bubble shaped, it is flat. They have been trying for along time the determine if the universe is Open, Closed or Flat, present measurements give it as flat. So not a bubble.

Black holes are a bit odd, or more exactly a bit extreme.

But that is all they appear to be.

heres some video where I picked information.
As for the black color, well ... if we were using instrument for black hole, it would not be black neither. But by using our eyes for both comparaison, I think it can be a good point of view ( Got a hard time to explain that with my bad english )

Wall of dust  : Skip at 1;00;00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlfGtkRJy6U&index=12&list=LL9yW33ZesEUd2ZIlNrj8ZQg

bubble shape at 16:40

The issue is no one knows what the inside of a black hole is like. No information can escape so all we have is the solutions of the equations of GR in limited circumstances and a few ad hoc bits and bobs.

From a different perspective your theory just pushes the issue back one. That is where did the black hole we are in come from.

Regards Andrew

Oh yes you are so right.

But at least we would be one step further. But I totally understand what you mean, I think it would even ... push the mystery much further. We would have to review all we think and know. But ... thats what is fun about universe I guess.

Oh yes you are so right.

But at least we would be one step further. But I totally understand what you mean, I think it would even ... push the mystery much further. We would have to review all we think and know. But ... thats what is fun about universe I guess.

I don't think it would help much. I prefer evidence based theories or at least testable ones. Your idea would require some sort of multiverse (somewhere for your BH to be in). The latest theories along these lines requires there to be 10^500 of them just so are one can exist. I find such pure speculation just that - pure speculation without a hope of falsifications!

Regards Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

There are a lot of flaws in your statement.

The universe we observed is not bubble shaped. The average density we observed in the universe lies very close to the critical density, so the universe is probably infinitely flat.

The universe is black because it is void of everything, even photon.

However there is a theory proposing that our 3-dimensional universe is a holographic product on the surface of a 4-dimensional black hole....

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

The universe is black because it is void of everything, even photon

Surely the universe (at least the one we see and experience) is absolutely full of what we currently call photons ?

Where in the visible universe could you go that would shield you from the flow of photons from just about every light emitting point/region from just about every direction around you ? .. not counting the airing cupboards on little old planet Earth that is.

I guess we could begin to ask ourselves .. why is it we see what it is we see ? .. your 'voids' included

Maybe their is more than what our eyes can see (as human beings) ? .. maybe we're not taking in that which our eyes can see ?

I guess we could begin to ask ourselves .. why is it we see what it is we see ? .. your 'voids' included

Maybe their is more than what our eyes can see (as human beings) ? .. maybe we're not taking in that which our eyes can see ?

We see what we see because we evolved to live on a planet where the electromagnetic forces dominate. All our senses and our perceptions are dominated by it. What we see and feel as solid objects are mainly "empty space" but they seem solid as the electromagnetic force between us and the object is repulsive. They look solids because they generally maintain there shapes and and or reflect light due electromagnetism - a gas seems less solid because the interaction between particles is much weaker.

We know a lot about a little of the universe. We know 5% conventional matter (i.e. particles of the standard model inc photons) quite well but we know little or nothing of the 25% dark matter and even less of the 75% dark energy that is needed to make the model consistent with the CMB flat universe observations.

As to the various possible theories of the universe they have always followed our current technological models, mechanical, electro-mechanical, and now information based. I think I prefer the " we are in fact a simulation in an advanced multi-bane cultures universe-sim" running on a cosmological play station!.

Regards Andrew

PS I just made the theory up - honest - but it will be in New Scientist next week.

I can see no resemblance whatever between the inside of a black hole and the universe (should we say the Big Bang Universe?) Space and time within a black hole are entirely confused. This is not so within the main part of the BB universe. We distinguish between them quite successfully. We understand their relationship and its intimacybut we can quantify it.

Olly

I believe your question has been very well answered by Andrew. It looks empty because the way we see it and it might not be empty at all. Dark matter pervades our universe and there's no way for us to detect it except its gravitational effect. And the possibility of higher dimension existence where we couldn't even perceive. Also, the empty space is actually filled with numerous virtual particles pop in and out of existence in split second as explained by quantum theory.

So depends on the depth of the context we want to go into, the voidness and emptiness is very debatable.

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

I can see no resemblance whatever between the inside of a black hole and the universe (should we say the Big Bang Universe?) Space and time within a black hole are entirely confused. This is not so within the main part of the BB universe. We distinguish between them quite successfully. We understand their relationship and its intimacybut we can quantify it.

Olly

Hi Olly, I am not sure what you say is true. The equations of General Relativity are still (assumed) valid within a black hole as they are in the BB universe -as you term it- and indeed are used to calculate its properties. Thus space time remains of the same form in that sense, although they become more curved as the gravitational field gets stronger. Indeed it is theorised that if you are falling into a black hole and you pass the event horizon you would not notice anything happen. Of course the GR equations do imply a singularity, in some circumstances, and this gets people in a sweat. However, those same people often ignore or discount the countess sums to infinity in quantum mechanics where the are freely "re-normalised" away and the measured values inserted.

Regards Andrew

Regards Andrew

Hi Olly, I am not sure what you say is true. The equations of General Relativity are still (assumed) valid within a black hole as they are in the BB universe -as you term it- and indeed are used to calculate its properties. Thus space time remains of the same form in that sense, although they become more curved as the gravitational field gets stronger. Indeed it is theorised that if you are falling into a black hole and you pass the event horizon you would not notice anything happen. Of course the GR equations do imply a singularity, in some circumstances, and this gets people in a sweat. However, those same people often ignore or discount the countess sums to infinity in quantum mechanics where the are freely "re-normalised" away and the measured values inserted.

Regards Andrew

Regards Andrew

Andrew, I must say that GR describes and predicts singularity but it does break down in singularity. So, to say it is valid is kinda wrong... We need a new sets of equation and physics law to describe what actually is happening within these spacetime singularity.

Sent via Tapatalk

Andrew, I must say that GR describes and predicts singularity but it does break down in singularity. So, to say it is valid is kinda wrong... We need a new sets of equation and physics law to describe what actually is happening within these spacetime singularity.

Sent via Tapatalk

The only thing it does is predict an infinite density. We simple don't know if it is wrong or not as we can't observe it. Naked singularities are mathematically possible but none are known or suspected.

I was trying to make the point that in other theories i.e. QED we gloss over the infinite self energy of the electron and vacuum energy of free space and many others but see the infinity at a gravitational singularity as unacceptable? Just seems odd to me.

Regards Andrew

The only thing it does is predict an infinite density. We simple don't know if it is wrong or not as we can't observe it. Naked singularities are mathematically possible but none are known or suspected.

I was trying to make the point that in other theories i.e. QED we gloss over the infinite self energy of the electron and vacuum energy of free space and many others but see the infinity at a gravitational singularity as unacceptable? Just seems odd to me.

Regards Andrew

Mathematicians come across infinities a lot and things doesn't seem quite right when you apply mathematical infinity to physical reality - we just can't imagine it!

I'm just trying to say that within a black hole where observation is not possible and when equations all give infinities (or equations are contradicting), the theory simply breaks down.

Sent via Tapatalk

Archived