Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

StarTools website - hacked?

rubecula

I've tried to access the StarTools website.  On the first attempt yesterday my antivirus, Bitdefender, said the site wasn't safe, I tried again today and ended up on a page telling me that my PC had been taken over and my data compromised.  All appears OK so far.

Anyone else have similar troubles?

Shame, because I was about to purchase a copy.  I have emailed them but heard nothing back yet.

Robin

Ah, I typed the wrong address, the page telling me my PC had been taken over was "startools.com" .  Bitdefender is still saying "startools.org" is unsafe.

Had no trouble with the Star Tools site for the last few days, but was mostly just reading the bulletin board tutorials.

The download section seems to be OK now. 

It does sometimes take Ivo a day or so to generate a key, but his product support is first rate, in  my experience.

Had no trouble with the Star Tools site for the last few days, but was mostly just reading the bulletin board tutorials.

The download section seems to be OK now. 

It does sometimes take Ivo a day or so to generate a key, but his product support is first rate, in  my experience.

Ivo, is that the same guy that produces the brilliant APT software ?

AB

Ivo, is that the same guy that produces the brilliant APT software ?

AB

Could well be. Ivo Jager is the full name.  He certainly seems to know about processing algorithms  and his code is very tight and efficient.

Archived