Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Geoptik Storage Bags.

I've been storing my scope in the original boxes for the last 3 months, which are taking a bit of a hammering from the regular unpacking and packing after each session, I was looking to buy some storage bags via Amazon and saw the Geoptik range that had all the bags I needed to cover all the kit I have and would then allow me not to just store the scope more safely, but would also make the kit more mobile.

The cost was a bit of an issue when you consider that Amazon request for example £88 for an EQ Tripod bag.

I googled Geoptik and setup an account on their site. The savings you achieve are staggering. The EQ tripod bag costs £48.20 and I have indulged in a mass purchase of EQ bag, Refractor Bag, Counter weight & shaft Bag, Accessories Bag and Bag for EQ mount, totalling £260 inclusive of carriage.

What a massive saving, I appreciate that Amazoon need profit but nearly doubling the Geoptik prices does gripe me allot.

Hope this is of some use and wishing you all clear skies.

Julian

Out of interest what do the prices from Geoptik compare to the prices on Telescope Services ?

TS are the place I usually look at when people ask about bags for scopes.

Geoptik are slightly cheaper, better quality and they offer a much greater range.

Great service and very rugged product. Highly recommend.

I did actually mean how do the Geoptik bags from Geoptik compare to the Geoptik bags on TS.

Just that exact meaning seemed to get lost somewhere in the posts.

Not the first time I have managed to not quite explain clearly - I know what I meant. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Also I suppose I should go look myself rather then expect Julian to supply the answer. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe Julian is too nice to reply "Don't know, don't care, go find out yourself."

Which I would deserve. :argue:

Archived