Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 Dumbell Nebula, Vulpecula

laser_jock99

Stunning capture laser and only 2 subs! That's realy impressive. There doesn't seem to be much background noise from the high ISO is that typical of the 40d?

Did you mod the camera yourself?

I have a 40d that I was going to mod, but haven't got round to doing it as I have a modded 450d and I wasn't sure there would be any benefit, however your images are really clean and full of detail and have made me wonder if I should get my screwdriver set out!

Thanks for sharing

Bryan

Another excellent image LJ, seems like you've been spoilt with plenty of clear skies lately?

No - just two good nights last New Moon. I had the advantage of two fast Newtonian (F4 & F2.9) telescopes both fully working both nights- a rare thing!

Hence lots of data to process recently

Stunning capture laser and only 2 subs! That's realy impressive. There doesn't seem to be much background noise from the high ISO is that typical of the 40d?

Did you mod the camera yourself?

I have a 40d that I was going to mod, but haven't got round to doing it as I have a modded 450d and I wasn't sure there would be any benefit, however your images are really clean and full of detail and have made me wonder if I should get my screwdriver set out!

Thanks for sharing

Bryan

I believe the Canon 40D to be much noisier than my Fuji DSLR's, I would have preferred to shoot ISO800 with this camera but I couldn't obviously see how to change it so left it on ISO1600 (on the Fuji/Nikon cameras there is an ISO button. So unless I missed something obvious it will stay there till down load the manual. 

I modded the camera myself following some online instructions took about 40 mins. The 40D is good because it's a mid range camera with live view and can be bought second hand fairly cheaply. That said- if could get hold of another Fuji S5 Pro for the same money, that would be my preferred route. 

Archived