SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My First Photographic Image of the Moon

Hi guys, I thought I would share my very first efforts at taking some photo's of the moon, which I did last night.

Unfortunately I do not have a camera mount just yet, or a Barlow lens, so this image was taken with a 10mm EP and a hand held Fuji AV180 14MP compact camera using a standard no-flash setting.

After I realised I shouldn't hold the camera against the eye piece (it pushes the eye piece back into the tube and loses focus) I held it just a few mm away and managed this shot.

So bearing in mind that I have no camera mount or a Barlow of any sort, I think this image is ok-ish. I did try Jupiter too, and although you can just make out it's 4 largest moons, there was no detail on Jupiter at all, so I will not share that image here.

Feedback welcome.

Thanks guys. 

post-43378-0-60791800-1427884309_thumb.p

That's a nice afocal shot of the moon. Of course you know this will just be the beginning since once you start down the slippery slope of astrophotography, there's no turning back...  :smiley:

Archived