Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I suppose I should have done this a while ago

BobSki

Hello all,

I suppose I should have done this a while ago. I have been dipping my toe in the SGL forum on and off for a while now.

Star Gazing has never been and probably never will be my MAIN hobby but it is something I have always had more than a passing interest for as long as I can remember.

As a child my uncle bought me a little hand planetarium. It was rather like a torch but quite a bit larger in diameter and had a light bulb one end, a viewing lense the other and in the middle, two rings with dates and times and you could set the sky to show what was going to be visible. I kept this right up until a year or so ago.

As a child, I also enjoyed the "look and learn" series and yearly annuals. On top of this, I grew up through the Apollo era, all of which fascinated me.

I have in the past owned "toy" scopes but nothing serious. I have used my spotting scope (20-60x70 Praktica) for viewing Saturn, Jupiter and the moon. Now I am on the verge of getting my first Astro telescope. Being retired, I will be able to spend some late nights enjoying the wonderful spectacle that is our night sky and I look forward to doing so.

This forum is a huge mine of information and humour and I am pleased I found you all.

All the best

Bob

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and a warm welcome :)

Do not hesitate to share your experiences and knowledge ... we can all learn from others

Clear skies

Archived