Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 10 March - early RGB

Alan

I took these shortly before my camera went caput and got replaced and have just got round to processing them following my first RGB processing attempts on the 25th imaging run .  This was a night of very good seeing and I think that once I have mastered WINJUPOS sharper images may result  from this data (or may not!).

post-2252-0-52245500-1427805017.png

post-2252-0-28315500-1427805027.png

post-2252-0-03951200-1427805034.png

Thanks for your comments Michael and Steve.  Yes Steve they were taken with the C9.25 and QHY5l-II using Baader filters.  My limited experience so far with rgb imaging and the results from experienced imagers indicates that it can be possible to get better resolution than by using an osc as the full area of the chip is available unrestricted by the Bayer mask. Having said that there are many examples of superb high resolution images from oscs on here and elsewhere indicating that the effects of variable seeing, focus and capture time further complicate the situation.

Many thanks Pete, Ralph and Darryl :)

I agree Ralph, it is a lot more processing effort but the extra resolution does make it worthwhile. 

No problem Darryl, my "senior moments" are definitely getting more frequent !

Archived