Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

custom dew heater?

eriksters

Has anyone tried to make a dew heater from these little usb heater things? I don't really have the money to buy a real one. I have a skywatcher 200mm (8") dobsonian.

they could be great, might look into them. were did you find them ?

Looks interesting

Started making my own heating straps as well, check out this site on how to make the straps http://www.dewbuster.com/heaters-330ohm-resistors.html putting the materials together for that was initially more expensive but once you have it you can make loads of straps.

I built my own dew controller but also have a second astrozap controller and these straps work with both.

Secondary mirror, eyepieces, telrad, hands, metal truss poles.

John

The only Dew heater i have ever needed is the one on the guide scope, the Dob has never been affected, the EP's get a gentle warm before being used....

DSC_0840.jpg

Where would you want to use a Dew heater on a Dob.......???

I've had dew condensing on the main mirror as well. i mean it happens after quite a while after i bring it outside but it does happen. if i go somewhere for the night i will probably need some anti dew "protection". 

Archived