Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

To adjust the pressure tuner in lunt solar telescope.

pluton

Good advice above. There have been some issues with the "O" ring seals on the pressure tuner so bear that in mind if the tuner loses pressure during an operating session.  :smiley:

I'm old fashioned in some respects and was always taught to take the tension off springs and what-not when the item was stored. There's no need to store the Lunt with pressure in the Etalon...I'm sure that it wouldn't make that much difference to the seals in the chamber, but why take the chance, especially when you have to tune it at every use. I also think that it's good practice to unwind the tuner totally to allow the chamber to equalise with the atmosphere.

I have found that the tuner can work fine several days after use but I always undo my Lunt 50 before use and then adjust to suit. I have never thought of loosening it fully after finishing the session.Do Lunt recommend this?Are the pressure changes mechanically stressful?

I normally unscrew the pressure tuner until it releases the pressure, I'm sure I read in the manual that's what you're supposed to do to equalize it to your local air pressure, then just screw back in to the point required.  I don't think it will store in the case with the tuner knob unscrewed.  When it's been sitting in its case for a while indoors the air pressure is probably vastly different to outdoors, and probably different outdoors since the last time I used it.

Archived