Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aurora Curtain

Thanks Guys,

Yes taken in Iceland last week at an unknown location. I was busy looking out the window of the minibus as it formed to figure out where we were. It was near-ish to Aukreyri though.

We had a strong display for about 20mins.

Tom

Great shot. I managed to see the aurora from Kielder last spring. Not like your picture, but thrilling anyway. To the naked eye there was only a hint of the red and green colours, but a 20 second exposure and the colours really came to life.

Great shot. I managed to see the aurora from Kielder last spring. Not like your picture, but thrilling anyway. To the naked eye there was only a hint of the red and green colours, but a 20 second exposure and the colours really came to life.

When it flares up you can really see the colour with your eye. The 15s was plenty to really capture it all. I had the lens set at 11mm on an APC camera, the 7D, even then I was only able to capture 3/4rds of it.

Is that a meteor near mid-right, just above the cloud?. 

Luke, that might be a satellite or plane. I would think that it would be a little longer if a meteor

Tom,

When it flares up you can really see the colour with your eye. The 15s was plenty to really capture it all. I had the lens set at 11mm on an APC camera, the 7D, even then I was only able to capture 3/4rds of it.

Luke, that might be a satellite or plane. I would think that it would be a little longer if a meteor

Tom,

It fades out as it goes along, so a contrail from a plane methinks.

Archived