SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Orion starshooter G3 with canon lenses

hobsey

To keep the payload down on my star adventurer I've been having a quick look at cooled ccd cameras.

I know everyone is going to say the atik 314 or whatever it is but I just don't have that sort of money at the moment, not after buying 2 canon L lense.

But how would the orion starshooter g3 compare to a dslr using an adapter to mount it on to my canon lenses?

Ok, lets try another one.

How does the g3 compare to a dslr as a beginner in to cooled ccd imaging?

I'm aware that the sensor is small and the fov is quite narrow but surely that shouldn't really matter if using dslr lenses?

I'm also considering the mono g3, however the zwo asi 174 mm is only £20 more (excluding potential customs/vat) and has a larger sensor, really sensitive too, but not cooled. Can't quite make my mind up

I use the Orion G3, tho I'm very much just beginning in AP. You'll definitely notice a drop in resolution, kind of like going back to VGA after being used to HD!

But the increase in sensitivity is amazing.

This is a stack of about 35 x 1min subs, uncooled and no darks as it was one of my first tries with the camera. Very badly tweaked in DSS.

post-38411-0-69824300-1428074637.jpg

Archived