Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron 9.25" SCT Dovetail Upgrade?

Hello All

Please could someone tell me is it worth upgrading my SCT from a Vixen type dovetail to a Losmandy type?

Are there benefits from doing this, for example does it make the OTA more secure / steady on my EQ6 Pro, which has got dual head for both types already fitted?

Best regards,

Hadyn - Isle of Man

Yes, I did exactly that with my C9.25. The Vixen is a little flimsy with larger scopes, especially if you add items on, such as my 80ED.

With the losmandy it's rock solid. You won't regret the move.

Yes, I did exactly that with my C9.25. The Vixen is a little flimsy with larger scopes, especially if you add items on, such as my 80ED.

Hello Michael

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry I didn't get to meet you at SGLX. It was another great event for me and the bonus was "five nights viewing!

Best regards,

Hadyn - IOM

Hello Michael

Please could you tell me is this the item I would need to order, I would select the 9.25" on of course?

Link: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adm-losmandy-type-d-series/adm-losmandy-dovetail-for-optical-tubes.html

Best regards, Hadyn - IOM

Archived