Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Leaving stuff outside

Hello,

I am going to be building a pier, and put an HEQ5 pro mount head on it. This essentially is going to be a big pole in my garden, but I want to leave the mount in situ, so that all I have to do of an evening is put the refractor on the mount, and I am ready to go. Anyway, my question is whether it's simply ok to cover the mount head with something waterproof at the end of a session, and leave it out in the elements. I am worried about cold, condensation, rust, electronics etc .... so is just covering the mount sufficient ?

Thanks

Alistair

Hi Alistair. You should be fine as long as you can keep the damp out. As mentioned in post #2, the issue is damp, not cold.

If you think about it, most cars are stuffed with electronics, and are kept outside in cold and sub zero temps, and most of the time seem

to work ok.

Regards, Ed.

Hi Alastair,

Lucky Chap. As mentioned above ensure you have a decent cover for your mount. You need to be aware that if your mount is costly then you should declare on insurance  as it is left outside. If you are going to run electrics / electronics keep them in IP rated enclosures.

Hi Alistair. You should be fine as long as you can keep the damp out. As mentioned in post #2, the issue is damp, not cold.

If you think about it, most cars are stuffed with electronics, and are kept outside in cold and sub zero temps, and most of the time seem

to work ok.

Regards, Ed.

Yes, most cars are fine but they are not made by Synta. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Archived