Narrowband

Hi there

pipworks

Hi, pleased to meet you all, I ordered my first decent telescope this morning and thought I'd say hi, looking forward to learning from you all.

Last night was a clear sky, wish I'd ordered it last week now, been looking at getting a decent telescope after giving up on an old Tasco several years ago, I'm still very much a newbie though.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow thanks for all the replies, didn't think I'd got any as normally forums email to say so, I prefer it this way though as its a nice surprise.

Ronin I'm near Norwich, and sorry to say I've not still got the tasco, my binoculars have actually been more used for night viewing than the tasco ever did. Got a good view of the ISS with them, guess I'll not be able to keep up with that with the new telescope :)

Thanks for the link mikeyrea, that will be useful.

Hi & Welcome to SGL.  What scope did you buy.

Hi I got the skywatcher explorer 200p, did a fair bit of looking around and reading reviews and settled on that. It seemed a good starting point.

Oh wow, the new telescope turned up on Wednesday and luckily it was a clear night, really windy but clear so I set it up, took me a while as I didn't realise how big it was going to be, started off looking at the moon which was so rewarding, the clarity was stunning, then looked at Jupiter and saw three moons clearly and colouring of Jupiter. I'm so happy with my first viewing. Just wish tonight was as clear.

Anyone got any tips on transporting a 200p explorer? I'm going to be moving soon hopefully and will be near the sea so had intended to carry it to the beach but having put it together it's not really going to be mobile so thinking of solutions to load it onto something so I can transport it easily-ish, have thought about a golf trolley but not sure if any more sensible ideas are available?

Archived