Narrowband

jupiter attempts from 25/03/15

sooot

The top image jup3 is very nicely processed with some excellent detail, but the last jup3 has some pretty bad artifacts on it. I have had these "rings" a few times myself and they are probably made worse by pushing the data to hard perhaps in processing. Sometimes less is more with processing to keep the images looking natural and avoiding artifacts.

Thanks all

The top image jup3 is very nicely processed with some excellent detail, but the last jup3 has some pretty bad artifacts on it. I have had these "rings" a few times myself and they are probably made worse by pushing the data to hard perhaps in processing. Sometimes less is more with processing to keep the images looking natural and avoiding artifacts.

i did notice the rings, they seem to be from the red channel (mostly) i dont know if its a collimation issue but i know its slightly off ,i tried rounding off the screw heads as much as i could cos im an idiot. Bobs do dars in the post.

Very nice detail and colour

glad about the colour i just shoved data into pixinsight. Dont like messing with it it always messes up (colour blind)

Those are very nice images Craig. You have certainly captured plenty of detail with a nice colour balance. :smiley:

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived