Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette Nebula

laser_jock99

Lovely :)  And amazing for such a short imaging run :)  Just shows how a nice big "photon bucket" helps :)

Thanks- there's plenty of 'data depth' there but it's not as well resolved as I had hoped. It turns out the CCD back focus spacing is 3mm different from my usual Nikon mount cameras to the Canon I used here. Next time out I'll need to re-think the spacing.

I see.  So we can expect even better images from you in due course :)  May I suggest the brighter stars could do with some attention - eg. layers and masks perhaps.

Very nice, by the way you might want to think about buying some more scopes and mounts

I should have a third mount in operation at the observatory by this weekend! Nothing like making use of those rare good nights by running multiple rigs.

Sadly not another EQ6 but an EQ3/5 I was given- it will just have a DSLR attached (no scope) but I might get some okay wide field camera lens shots off it? 

Got to wait for the moon to go away first though.

Archived