Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from the Midlands

Crell

Hi,

I've been reading the forums for a little while and learning about a whole range of AP subjects and general scope buying advice.

Today I bit the bullet and have upgraded to a Celestron AVX 9.25. I've just spent the last hour or so putting it all together (which was so simple I'm bound to have done something wrong) .... And it started to rain just as I was about to head outside.

I'll be hoping to get more in to AP. I've read the various opinions on SCTs and AP but for me starting out I'm going for something portable that I can get quickly set up.

Seeing some of the images on here is pretty inspirational and I can't wait to try it. if only the damn rain ( and now the wind) would go away.

Cheers!

Hi and welcome

I'm new to astronomy too. Yep wind and rain are something you notice a lot more. Haven't managed to get outside for a peek for almost two weeks and no sign until middle of next week of any chance to do so

Hi and welcome to SGL from another imager - Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy your time here. This place is chocked full of helpful folks, so I'm sure you'll be up and running in no time :D

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Thanks all for the very warm welcome!  

Cheers Damnut for the heads up on the E mids stargazers site. I'd come across it from this forum already so will look in to it.

You're all correct about becoming (more) obsessed by the weather! I used to run my own station on wunderground and I found the FLO "Clear Skies" app which is proving useful (and so far reliable). 

I managed to get a few hours in on Sunday. I spent some time saying "wow" at the craters on the moon and even with a 21mm eyepiece I could make out the banding on jupiter (just). 

I also have some more eyepieces on the way so looking forward to just doing some planetary observations for now along with some galaxies (planning on trying M66 and M65). 

J

• 1 month later...

Archived