Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astrotrac - store inside pier?

roka

Hi all,

I just received my Astrotrac TT320X-AG. Along with the tracker I also got the polar scope, wedge and pier. While researching the Astrotrac I came across one reviewer who said his Astrotrac had been damaged while stored inside his pier during a flight. I don't plan on flying with mine but it did seem an awfully tight fit inside the storage sleeve along with the 3 pier legs. If you have an Astrotrac with the pier do you store your tracker inside the pier or not?

I keep mine in the roll with the legs and it is a tight fit. However that is an advantage when travelling as things don't bang about and cause damage. I put 2 legs in one way round and put the other in the opposite way as I found having the feet of all 3 at one end made the roll too bulky if the astrotrac was put in. I also keep the polar scope in there as well, wrapped in some bubble wrap and slid into the end of the roll.

Regards, AlanP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I keep mine in the roll with the legs and it is a tight fit. However that is an advantage when travelling as things don't bang about and cause damage. I put 2 legs in one way round and put the other in the opposite way as I found having the feet of all 3 at one end made the roll too bulky if the astrotrac was put in. I also keep the polar scope in there as well, wrapped in some bubble wrap and slid into the end of the roll.

Regards, AlanP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! I had all 3 pier legs facing the same way and couldn't get the roll inside the pier. I'll revise one of them as you're doing. And I was happy to see that there's enough room left inside the pier for the misc. parts and bits. Very nice design!

Archived