Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Red Dot Finder Alignment Problem

I have a new Skywatcher Heritage 130p dob which came with the standard Skywatcher red dot finder. I've had the same telescope and finder before, which worked fine. However, I can't get the finder that came with this scope to align properly. When I shift the bottom adjustment barrel all the way to the left, the red dot still appears slightly above whatever I have centered in the eyepiece. Does anyone what's causing this and how I can fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Just to clarify... shifting the bottom adjustment barrel on the RD finder to the left moves the red dot (as you see it) downwards, but when I have the barrel as far leftwards as it will go, the red dot still appears higher than the object centered in the eyepiece. Hope that makes sense...

Had a similar problem with my Nexstar 6se. Quite easily cured; the attachment plate on the scope itself just had to be realigned slightly and I was able to align the rdf easily. Hope it works out for you.

Hi Gazabone, thanks for the reply. On the Heritage dob you can't do that because there is no attachment plate, the RD finder just attaches to a bit of plastic. I think maybe I need to adjust the base of the finder itself, but I don't know how to do it.

Archived