SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Here we go again.

Hi all, well did another session with the 127 mak last night and had another go at M81 /82 and M1 with a slight improvement. Still not sure if the SW Synguider is playing as max exposure was about 110 secs. I know that I have over done the processing in gimp but Im still playing with that too! lol. 

On wards and upwards!

8182gimpbest1shop_zpsx2mdasp1.jpg

m1irisjpegbestyet_zpstdm5xkbh.jpg

Finding the target is a big step towards success. You have some good kit there. Stick with it and you're sure to improve with each night's imaging.

What camera are you using?

The HEQ5 is able to image well beyond 110 secs but a lot needs to be right to achieve maximum exposure times.

Check that polar alignment is good (even with guiding it helps)

If you are imaging outside (not in an obsy) then brief gusts of wind can affect the images.

Are you standing next to the scope when imaging? Moving around can also affect image stability.

I don't know about GIMP but others might be able to help you get the colour balance corrected.

It's great, even if you over process, to see the fruits of your labour. Good effort !   :grin:

Hi, thanks for the replys. Im pleased Im getting the targets but still wish I could get the guiding working (It might be working but not totally convinced it is) Playing with GIMP I can see the detail and pull it out but getting the colour right is a problem I need to work on. Overall Im pleased with what i have got with the subs I have. Just need more practice. I will be in the big boy forum soon.

BTW the camera is a 600d modded.

Archived