Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Chairs that won't break the bank...or your back

Hey fellow stargazers!

I'm happily making friends with my new Celestron 127slt and know I have found a life long hobby!  I'm currently going through treatment for the Big C and my other half thought this would be a good way to chill out in the evenings and she was right (she's the brightest star in my opinion!) ;)

I was wondering if anyone has any advice about a good, reliable chair that can move with the telescope?  I don't want to go too mad on the price if I can help it.  I'm joining my local astronomy club soon as they have given me some ideas buy also suggested I ask you fine folk.

Any ideas, links, suggestions would be much appreciated.

All the best,

Mart

I think the ironing chair looks good. I suppose it depends where you have to store it. If you do not have much room it would have to be a fold down type. If plenty of room and feeling strong then a more comfortable chair would be nice. 

When I use my 127slt mak I don't extend the legs. Got a cheap tripod folding chair from eBay for a couple of quid and it keeps me at the perfect height when looking through the eyepiece, especially at higher targets.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331197427853?nav=SEARCH&varId=540390843244

I've got next to no Bottom but it folds down to fit in my backpack.

When I use my 127slt mak I don't extend the legs. Got a cheap tripod folding chair from eBay for a couple of quid and it keeps me at the perfect height when looking through the eyepiece, especially at higher targets.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331197427853?nav=SEARCH&varId=540390843244

I've got next to no Bottom but it folds down to fit in my backpack.

I used to have one of these until last year when the plastic yoke (the disc that joins the legs) broke.

I am only a lightweight (9.5stone/133pounds/60.30kilos)... :cussing: so I am now looking for somthing else.

Archived