SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Dark Matter signature?

They are Hypothetical particles,   (neutral Leptons-neutrinos ) that do not interact via any of the fundamental interactions of the standard model.

That isn't from my head Cath. It's a Wiki explanation.

Ron.

They are Hypothetical particles,   (neutral Leptons-neutrinos ) that do not interact via any of the fundamental interactions of the standard model.

That isn't from my head Cath. It's a Wiki explanation.

Ron.

It's always good to explain one unexplained object with an unobserved one. It cuts down the odds of being proved wrong.

Regards Andrew

If only we could 'see?' beyond our ever so limited sensual/visual perception 'lack-of' abilities. What wonders would we experience, what answers would we really find?

I wonder

One of the best reasons for chasing gravitational waves, as we are. An entire new spectrum waiting to be studied!

One of the best reasons for chasing gravitational waves, as we are. An entire new spectrum waiting to be studied!

Well, if gravitation does indeed permutate through what we currently call space with what we currently perceive as having propagational speed limit, then gravitational waves MUST exist, I spose. Any medium that has what we perceive as propagational speeds, must always produce waves in said medium, I spose.

I love this thread already.   We really are it seems on the cusp of completely smashing the standard model to pieces or cracking a corner off it and remoulding an extension from some of its roots.  Lets see what happens when that short circuit at CERN is mended, then these neutral particles and their signatures may be more locally isolated for study......Maybe.   

I've just learned that the LHC was busted by a piece of Baguette dropped by a Bird.

It seemed the piece of bread fell into a piece of surface equipment, and caused some short circuits.

I am at a loss as to why equipment is so susceptible to a bit of bread.

Seems ridiculous to me, and I'm Wondering if it is a premature April Fool Joke.

Ron

I've just learned that the LHC was busted by a piece of Baguette dropped by a Bird.

It seemed the piece of bread fell into a piece of surface equipment, and caused some short circuits.

I am at a loss as to why equipment is so susceptible to a bit of bread.

Seems ridiculous to me, and I'm Wondering if it is a premature April Fool Joke.

Ron

I hope it is an April fools joke :eek:  !

If its not then us lot on this forum should have been part of the planning and design process at CERN.  I bet someone at CERN is blaming a 'bird' because 

I have just read that a member of staff had gone to well known high street bakery to collect a filthy lunch for everyone, on return someone has been stood there near the to be any second short circuit site, munching on a dirty sausage roll with no hair net or face mask on.  They spluttered in disgust at the magma temperature shard of gristle in the brittle pastry encased 'meat' filling and that was that.  I also really hope this is not a true story too.   :huh:  

Well, if gravitation does indeed permutate through what we currently call space with what we currently perceive as having propagational speed limit, then gravitational waves MUST exist, I spose. Any medium that has what we perceive as propagational speeds, must always produce waves in said medium, I spose.

Very good indirect evidence for their existence was found decades ago. At this point proof of the absence of gravitational waves would be beyond monumental.

I guess any possible gravity waves are going to have a large wave length, assuming they propagate at the speed of light. So a Pulsar with a fast rotation speed of say 1000 rotations a second would produce waves of 300,000 meters or maybe 150,000 meters (2nd harmonic), which is going to be difficult to detect I should think.

It's the biggest argument of ignorance I've heard in my life: how can a mysterious, unidentified source of X-rays of unknown origin be the best evidence of Dark Matter yet?

I guess any possible gravity waves are going to have a large wave length, assuming they propagate at the speed of light. So a Pulsar with a fast rotation speed of say 1000 rotations a second would produce waves of 300,000 meters or maybe 150,000 meters (2nd harmonic), which is going to be difficult to detect I should think.

The best ground based detectors have peak sensitivity around 500Hz, or around 600km wavelength. Difficult certainly, but absolutely not impossible. Just a matter of time.

Archived