Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

March 26, 2015: proms through thick haze

Aye, March has been awful  :clouds2: Storms, floods, damaged schools and buildings etc. Today is the first clear day in 9 nine days :hello2:  Everyone was startng to get really nervous; you could actually see the general state of being turn to gloom :clouds1:

But look how everything has changed. The skies look amazing this morning, deep blue and warm and it seems as if we're in for a good clear run of nights as well :headbang:

I've set up the solar gear, tidied my blending stubs and brushes, grabbing a breakfast coffee and away I go. Watch out Sun, here I come :icon_biggrin:

It really has been terrible, I do tend to get a bit narky with it after a while so I'm happy to see a change for the better. Has to be onward and upward from here, right?

Just dusting everything off now, I'll have a crack at a mosaic I think.

Proms are looking good too.

AR 2305 has some gorgeous detail within it, I can see clearly but the wind is blowing the scope. 3 main proms on display today but the star of the show out of the 3 has to be the BIGGEST hedgerow prom I've ever seen. Stunning too look at and so much detail but again the scope is being blown about so can't spend time observing as I would do. Get out for even a quick glance if you can :)

wishing you sunny days.

Just packed away from my final solar view for the day. Due to its complexity its been difficult to visually observe much change in the fine filigree appearance of the massive hedgerow prom. I defy anyone to sketch it accurately!   :smiley:

Got home and saw the hedgerow on gong got to the corner of the garden where no tripod could reach so I propped myself against the fence and got some reasonable views of this great hedgerow with my Lunt ls50, Like some others here worried about catching it with the forecast at the weekend,desperate measures were needed worth a look now if you can get a view.

The left hand side of the hedgerow has dispersed, who knows how long it will last? It will soon turn into a fila-prom anyway and then all will be lost when it becomes a filament. There ALWAYS better when coming into view from the limb. Good luck solar nuts, catch it while you can

wishing you sunny days.

Still going strong by the looks of it. I'm going to set up soon, someone near by is burning stuff though and it's blowing straight over head.

Oh, and I just found some Gecko poo on my ERF.

Archived