SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Huge thanks to the Dob Mob; you are true gents

Stu

Before I go to sleep finally, I just want say a huge thank you to the Dob Mob for their help and support tonight.

Steve, Dan & Mike helped me sort several issues with my scope which I had been struggling with (most importantly sorting out setting up the SIPS). Thanks to Dan for fine tuning the collimation too.

The scope is now working beautifully, and we have just finished a great last night's observing to end SGLX on a high note. It has been great fun.

Can't end without thanking my old observing buddy Shane for his help and company too, a couple of good nights had, particularly Friday.

Thanks all!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SOunds like it was a great meeting this year. Might pass out if I know the total aperture of all those huge dobs lined up.... :D

It was a lot of inches Sam [emoji6]

EDIT: 80" in total I think!

Now stu just need to get you somewhere dark!!

Yes indeed Dan, now I've seen what it can do!

Will the dob mob be heading to Galloway at all in November? Was considering it.

Big thanks from me too :)

Cal, thanks for the chance to drive the Dob for a bit.

Dan, thanks for finding my Camera remote :o

Steve (Swampthing) thanks for the coffee and a great laugh.

post-5915-0-19914700-1427418921_thumb.jp

Got to do something about the map reading lights though! I thought you guys liked it dark  :evil:

post-5915-0-45320400-1427419062_thumb.jp

I wish I was there as my 16 is feeling a bit neglected at the moment. I love the line up of the big dobs and the night shot of them under the stars is pretty cool and sums up what a star party shoukd be like.

Its interesting to see how many bigger dobs are starting to make an appearance and with the views they give they may even bring folks back from the dark side !

And as for galloway ..... sounds like an interesting idea....

Cheers

Hi Steve, you need heaters mate. Ive got a kendrick secondary heater fitted and its one of the best mods ive done. Never dewed up since ive had:it fitted and ice hasnt been a problem.

Cheers

Steve had a dew strap from a 4" scope around the secondary (it's big!!), it was the primary which froze up! Not much you can do about that really?

Archived