Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Canon 450d or 1100d

I'm not sure, but i wonder if they have the same sensor because all specs are the same and noise seems to be the same too.

450D was released in 2008 and has a Digic 3 processor, 1100D was released in 2011 and has a Digic 4 processor.

The cameras are pretty much the same so either go for the newest or cheapest.

450D or 1000D , tried the 1100D and much preferred the results from the 1000D.

Especially where my Whitelight Solar was concerned , the DIGIC III outperformed the DIGIC IV hands down.

The 1100 does have a Video feature , but no great help astro-wise as you cannot tether it to record straight to a HDD , it saves to an SD card then you have to download from the card before processing , so any thoughts of using it for Planetary can be dismissed.

The 450D / 1000D are also much easier to "Astro-mod" too , the 1100D can be a pain to modify by all accounts.

450D / 1000D for around £90-120 .

Yes , you'll  just need to set up a custom white-balance for it , easy to do ... a quick Google will soon turn up a tutorial ...  :smiley:

Good price for the whole bundle , just make sure the Canon software discs are included , you'll want them to load DigitalPhotoProfessional and Canon EOS Utilities onto your computer.

I have used both and there is precious little in it really. You will be fine with either. I have the 450d and the local society I am part of has a 1100d. If you get one, then there is no need to worry thinking that the other may have been the better choice.

Ok thanks for that

I have been offered to buy a 450d with 18-55mm lens and carry bag with all leads etc for £150 ?

Once I astro mod it will I still be able to use it for terrestrial shots ?

Hi,

You an set up a custom white balance, but the pictures will never look right, in my opinion, if you have a canon camera astro modded, then use it just for astro work, or if you want to use for daytime use also, then dont t have it modded.

Simples

Regards

AB

:)

Archived