Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hooray

Luke

So is this likely to be a well known sunspot group ?  How 'permanent' are these groups over time ? 

I am pretty naive to the facts about these features. Anyone throw some info in on this stuff. 

So is this likely to be a well known sunspot group ?  How 'permanent' are these groups over time ? 

I am pretty naive to the facts about these features. Anyone throw some info in on this stuff. 

They don't get named until the appear if they're a returning one I think they still get a new name or could be an intergalactic mothership refueling  :grin:

They certainly can make it all the way around again, a sunspot can last several months, though sometimes we're guessing a bit if we think it's been there before. It takes about 27 days for a spot to rotate all the way round, the equator rotates faster than the poles.

Archived