SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Upgraded to a goto system

griz11

I decided to put together a goto system for my mount. Picked up a SciTech controller and a pair of Losmandy servos and gearboxes. Had to make all the cables and do some calculations to configure everything but it all went together pretty smooth. Had a difference in polarity with one of the mount encoders vs the motor encoders but the test and tune part of the software showed what was wrong quickly. Other than that it was plug and play. I'm running it on 24v so it will do 10deg/sec but I slowed it to 8. That is fast enough and will take some strain off the motors. Give me enough time to stop it if something is going to hit or get tangled :) I'm using a relay box and a camping lantern and POV camera to watch the slews from inside. Relay controller turns on the light and camera which sends the image to my phone over wifi. I'm going to add some 1 wire sensors to use it as a dew monitor as well.

LosServo.jpg

SciTech.jpg

Now if the weather will just cooperate a bit I'll be a happy camper.

Griz

Archived