SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Anyone know if you can get the temp of your dslr sensor ?

rharrison

Hello,

After a fair bit of googling I'm none the wiser. Anyone know if it's possible to read the sensor temperature on a Canon dslr I'm using a 1200d.

I'd ideally like to take my darks at similar temperatures to my lights.

Rob

Sorry, APT stands for AstroPhotography Tool created by Ivo (Yoddha), one of the guys on this forum. It is an image capture tool, amongst other things, and is a great place to start when just getting into DSLR astro imaging. I would HIGHLY recommend givng it a try (the trial is free and the full version is only cheap too!!). I think it tells you the temp of your sensor when imaging after each shot?

Phil

Sorry, APT stands for AstroPhotography Tool created by Ivo (Yoddha), one of the guys on this forum. It is an image capture tool, amongst other things, and is a great place to start when just getting into DSLR astro imaging. I would HIGHLY recommend givng it a try (the trial is free and the full version is only cheap too!!). I think it tells you the temp of your sensor when imaging after each shot?

Phil

Sounds great thanks, I'll look into it now.

I've been using Eos utility.

Just be aware that the temperature recorded is generally the temperature of somewhere inside the case rather than the actual sensor. The sensor temperature will be higher. It does however give you a temperature that you can use to compare to other images

Archived