SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nikon adaptor advice

brianx87

Can anyone advise me on an T adaptor I need for a nikon DSLR. I'l new to astronomy and would like to start taking photos with a 35mm lens as soon as I have a better understanding of my telescope.

Sky-Watcher Startravel-102 (EQ-1)

Sky-Watcher M48 Nikon Adaptor

Yeah I have a Nikon D200 I want to mount  to an eyepiece, already have the t-ring and at some point I'd like to have it setup with my laptop so wouldn't I need a t raptor for that? When you say piggy back you mean manually holding up the camera?

Piggy backing is the whole camera plus lens mounted on top of the scope.

May be I misunderstood and you could try that adapter you linked to, it should screw into the t-ring.

There are two ways to use your camera with an eyepiece.

Eyepiece projection is where the camera with it's t-ring is mounted directly on the eyepiece, no camera lens.

Afocal is where the camera plus it's lens is attached or held against the eyepiece.

This chart may help, it relates to Baader Hyperions.

http://agenaastro.com/media/documents/hyperion-manual-back.pdf

I have mounted my Canon 60Da on my Baader Zoom for eyepiece projection.

As well as a t-ring a 43mm adapter ring is needed to mount the t-ring, don't know if other eyepieces are the same.

Archived